SMYRNA, TN (WSMV) – A former 5th grade teacher at John Colemon Elementary has received 19 sex crime charges after posting videos of students.
Rutherford County Schools said Taylor Cruze, a fifth-grade first-grade teacher at John Coleman Elementary School, was suspended without pay at the end of the 2021-22 school year following an investigation. local law enforcement.
Officials said Cruze was accused of inappropriate explicit communications and sexual contact with students.
Sources said the teacher allegedly posted the videos on the students’ Tik Tok. The suspect’s bail is set at $100,000.
Here are the charges the teacher is currently facing:
1. Electronically exploiting a minor of a minor under the age of 13 (five counts)
2. Exploitation of a minor by electronic means (five counts)
3. Particularly aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor (five counts)
4. Solicitation of a minor – Rape of a child (three counts)
5. Sexual assault by an authority figure (one count)
Cruze was indicted by a grand jury in Smyrna. She submitted her resignation to the RCS on May 22, 2022 and is no longer an employee.
Rutherford County Schools said they continue to cooperate fully with investigators during the process.
Copyright 2022 KWTX. All rights reserved.